Monday, April 12, 2010

OMG Sketches!





These are a couple of fairly quick sketches I did earlier this semester for an ID project. I like to show a variety of work relative to drawing and Life Drawing as I find our style of drawing in class much different from my ID work. I have been thinking all of this semester that it has been strange bouncing back and forth between design sketching and gesture/ contour drawing. This is not to say that I am enjoying either style of drawing any less than the other. In fact, I feel it really beneficial to be working on line and essential drawing skills again! I am beginning to understand that my enjoyment of drawing brought me into the Industrial Design program here at Stout, but then within ID I somewhat lost interest in basic drawing... HOWEVER, I am very happy to be in Life Drawing because I am beginning to once again ENJOY drawing! I hate to say it but, ID kind of killed my enthusiasm for drawing for a little bit... OH NO! Either way, I'm back on track, love drawing, and love ID!

No comments:

Post a Comment