Saturday, April 17, 2010

Midterm Reflection

So at the midterm, I feel that I've made some definite improvements. For one, I am experiencing drawing again. It has been over a year since drawing two and since then I've been mostly doing design sketching as a part of Industrial Design. I also feel that I am much more sensitive in my line placement and weight. This was initially one of the goals I had in mind upon beginning Life Drawing. So I am happy with that. I am beginning to understand form and contour much better through drawing the models during class. I didn't really understand what a valuable experience it may be. I am incorporating the things I've been learning in Life Drawing in my Industrial Design work. I've a much better understanding of how to properly utilize contour lines in my sketches, even on organic surfaces. I've always struggled with this, ever since Presentation Techniques.

I am finding that drawing the models is the most beneficial learning experience from the class so far. I also am beginning to just overall enjoy drawing, which has been a challenge in semesters past. Using ink is a crazy experience in this class, but I do find it enjoyable when going well. I've learned a lot so far this semester. I've improved my technique quite a bit and found a freedom or looseness in drawing which is helping overall in drawing and sketching. I plan to keep working on the lines that I put down on the page and the understanding of reading surfaces and structures.

Here is a link to my flickr page

No comments:

Post a Comment