Monday, March 8, 2010

Renders with a hint of Life Drawing



So I am taking another advanced drawing course along with Life Drawing this semester. It has been kind of tricky to balance Advanced Presentation Techniques alongside Life Drawing as both are utilizing an entirely different style of drawing/ sketching. I do, however, feel it is really interesting to compare the work being done in both classes. So you've seen some of my Life Drawing work and some of my Industrial Design work here, but for this post I would like to show you a piece from Adv. Pres. Tech! I am pretty happy with the rendering of this Wall-E inspired robot. The idea here is that Wall-E and Eve made a robotic baby somehow! There is much more control in digital rendering than hand drawn line although in the digital sense, your images may lose some of their humanistic expressive qualities. Either way, I am enjoying being enrolled in BOTH advanced drawing classes and am finding that they balance one another quite nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment