Tuesday, February 9, 2010


This is an image of a drawing we did after speaking about the spinal column. I believe this is a 30 minute continuous contour.

I felt that I learned a lot this week during class and through the homework assignments. I am not only learning about form and drawing the complex three dimensional surfaces of the body, but I am also learning how to control my lines more. The drawings are progressing each time we begin a new class. I am excited to see what I've been learning in Life Drawing being translated into my Industrial Design work. I am doing a lot of sketching for my ID classes and I am beginning to notice that my lines are much more controlled and a bit more confident. I am also beginning to use different muscles for drawing and sketching. I am starting to notice how I am most comfortable drawing and sketching. I tried standing doing sketches and it was a much different experience although yielded good results. I look forward to the next week of drawing and am beginning to enjoy all the drawing I'm doing this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment