Friday, May 14, 2010

Final Reflection

In life drawing I feel that I have learned a lot and refreshed some skills that I have not worked with in a while. Drawing overall, has been somewhat of a challenge for me in the past, but I rather enjoy sketching. I feel that I sometimes lose interest in strictly drawing. However, life drawing has captured my interest in drawing again and I think it has a lot to do with the process in which we develop a structure in life drawing. An understanding must come before an accurately drawn representation of form. At the start of this semester I set out to improve my general drawing abilities, become more sensitive with line, and understand contour better. Through this semester I feel that I've successfully accomplished each one of these goals. I am incorporating the drawing techniques that I've learned in life drawing and utilizing them within ID work. This is exciting when fine art can be met with design, even if it is only in the process.

I am mostly proud of the work that I've done in life drawing. Like with any studio course, there were some struggles, but I felt that each time we drew I learned something. I do think that any art or design student can benefit from learning how to draw structurally. If nothing else, you do gain a far better understanding of the human form. I've learned some things in the class and I've definitely made improvements in my own style and ability. Even since mid-term, I've improved with my line placement and weight. These improvements are beginning to show in my sketching ideation for my Industrial Design degree as well, which is, again, very exciting!

Here is a link to my final flickr photostream.

No comments:

Post a Comment